I’m back with another fun themed week and this time it’s all about Easter! All this week we will be sharing amazing Easter Brunch Recipes, and our readers have a chance to win some amazing prizes from our generous sponsors Eggland’s Best, GROSCHE International, Hamilton Beach, Nordic Ware, Rhodes Bread, Silpat, Stonyfield and Wewalka. . You’re not going to want to miss a single day! #ad #EasterBrunchWeek #EasterBrunchRecipes
Years ago I had a waffle iron and we would have waffles for dinner every once in a while or waffles for breakfast on the weekends. I enjoyed making them because I do really like waffles but the waffle iron was cheap and after a while it became really hard to clean. I eventually threw it away and just never got a new one.
A few weeks ago I received a waffle iron from Hamilton Beach. I was super excited about it because not only does it look great, the waffle grates come out and are able to go into the dishwasher for easy cleaning! How awesome is that? This is just what I’ve been looking for.
While I could simply have made regular old waffles I wanted to make something special with my new waffle iron. I decided on Vanilla Bean Waffles with Strawberry Sauce. The basic waffle batter is easy to make and really the only addition to the batter is a vanilla bean and a little bit of brown sugar.
I poured the batter into the waffle iron and went to work on the strawberry sauce. I love that the waffle iron was easy to use and made the perfect golden brown and fluffy waffle. They looked amazing and I couldn’t wait to dig in!
The strawberry sauce took about 10 minutes to make and is a very basic recipe as well. It turns out thick with big pieces of strawberries in it. It’s really perfect for topping waffles or pancakes or even toast. Make a double batch and keep some in the refrigerator to use all week long!
These waffles were delightful. My husband raved about them. They had a light vanilla flavor and a light cinnamon flavor. The outside was crisp but the inside was soft and fluffy. The strawberry sauce added a bright burst of flavor and I added some whipped cream on top because I could.
Vanilla Bean Waffles with Strawberry Sauce would be a great holiday brunch or special occasion breakfast. Whip up a single or double batch of the batter, set it next to the waffle iron, and let people make their own. Have a jar of the strawberry sauce to top the waffles and you don’t have to do any of the work!
- 2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1⅓ c. milk
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 c. strawberries, chopped
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. vanilla
- whipped cream
- Heat a waffle iron.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, vanilla, and milk. Mix well.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Scrape the inside of the vanilla bean into the bowl and mix well.
- Pour ¾ cup of the batter onto the waffle iron and cook until the light tells you it is done. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Meanwhile, put the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- When ready to serve put a waffle on a plate and top with ¼ cup of the strawberry sauce and some whipped cream. Enjoy!