This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I have several friends that don’t drink cow’s milk so I’m no stranger to non-dairy milk and yogurt options. I typically substitute almond milk or soy yogurt in recipes that I want to make vegan. I’ve also used rice milk or coconut milk as needed. I’ll be the first to say I’ve never had oat milk or oat milk yogurt before but that has since changed.
I recently tried Nancy’s Probiotic Oatmilk Yogurt and was pleasantly surprised by the taste. I found it to be a little bit tangier then classic yogurt and a little less sweet. There were several different flavors I tried but I liked the vanilla the best. The vanilla flavor really shown through and I knew it would be great to bake with.
Looking in the refrigerator I saw a pint of blueberries and immediately thought a blueberry vanilla coffee cake sounded amazing. I was just going to make a regular coffee cake but while looking for my butter I found that I had several vegan buttery sticks. Since my yogurt was vegan and nondairy I grabbed the vegan baking sticks and decided to make a vegan coffee cake!
I started baking while my husband was gone for the day. My thought was that I would have him try it when he got home and see if he could tell it was vegan. Here is the thing about vegan baking; I find that it’s almost as good as the original. I’ve made a lot of gluten free baked goods and a lot of vegan baked goods and I’ll take a vegan baked good any day of the week because they just taste better.
I whipped up a basic coffee cake with vegan ingredients and then put a crumble on top. As it baked in the oven it smelled amazing. Once I pulled it out off the oven I couldn’t wait to try it so I cut myself a piece. Unfortunately it was still to warm and it crumbled everywhere. Crumbled or not I took a bite and was so psyched by how it tasted. The coffee cake wasn’t dry at all. The crumble on top was sweet and delicious. The blueberries burst in my mouth and added flavor to the vanilla yogurt in the cake.
When my husband got home I gave him a slice and asked what he thought. He told me it was really good but then asked if there was something different about it. I admitted that it was vegan and he just nodded his head and said it was really good. I gave some to J to try and he ate it up and signed that he wanted more so I’m calling this one a hit!
So if you are hosting a brunch and need a delicious vegan breakfast item this one is perfect. I’d also make this one just as an everyday coffee cake because of how tasty it is!
- 1 c. Nancy's Vanilla Probiotic Oatmilk Yogurt
- 1 stick vegan butter, softened
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¾ c. brown sugar (look to make sure it's vegan)
- 2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. blueberries
- 4 T. vegan buttery spread
- ½ c. flour
- ¼ c. brown sugar (look to make sure it's vegan)
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the yogurt and vegan butter together until combined. I had to use a mixer to get it smooth.
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Put all the ingredients for the topping in a bowl and mix until a crumble forms. Sprinkle on top of the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A #SpringSweetsWeek G & T by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bunny Bark by Our Good Life
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches by Crumb Top Baking
- Carrot Cake Scones by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Crepe Cake Roll by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Marshmallow Dip by Simply Inspired Meals
- Chocolate Panna Cotta by The Gingered Whisk
- Chocolate Wacky Cake by The Gingered Whisk
- Cottontail Chex Mix by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy as Pie Coconut Cream Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Flower Pot Spring Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Homemade Peach Cobbler by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Key Lime Cupcakes by House of Nash Eats
- Key Lime Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Lemon Cake Roll by Sweet Beginnings
- Lofthouse Soft Sugar Cookies with Frosting by The Crumby Kitchen
- Marshmallow S’Mores Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mint Chocolate Yogurt Pudding by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Cream Cheese Loaf Cake by A Savory Feast
- Orange Cream Overnight Oats by Cookaholic Wife
- Orange Creamsicle Fruit Salad by Home Sweet Homestead
- PEEPS Bunny Trail Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Sheet Pan Key Lime Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Simple S’mores Bars by Cooking With Carlee
- Small Batch Chocolate cupcakes by Creative Southern Home
- Strawberry Papaya and Blood Orange Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Vegan Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.