This week #SundaySupper turns two! A year and a half ago when I joined this fabulous group of food bloggers I had no idea what I was getting myself into. A year and a half later I am so happy I joined this group. I’ve met several of the #SundaySupper ladies at different conferences, have been in numerous foodie events with them, and have formed real and lasting friendships. So to celebrate #SundaySupper being two, I wanted to share a simple but delicious dessert!
Is there a fruit you love but when something is flavored with the same fruit you hate it? I have two fruits like this. I absolutely love both bananas and grapes but I despise anything banana or grape flavored. It doesn’t taste anything like the real fruit and both are just fake and nasty.
That’s why when I wanted to make banana pudding I grabbed a box of vanilla pudding mix. Why? Because I knew that adding a few extra ripe bananas would give it the real banana flavor I was craving plus it was a great way to use up the over ripe bananas.
The pudding itself is simple to make and takes less then 10 minutes. When I saw it the next morning I made a parfait out of it for a treat. It would also be great as a refreshing dessert.
Banana Pudding Parfaits (a Hezzi-D original)
1 box instant vanilla pudding (makes a 2 cup serving)
1 c. cold milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
3 over ripe bananas, divided
1 c. granola
1. In a large bowl whisk the vanilla pudding, cold milk, and heavy cream. Whisk until well combined.
2. Peel 2 bananas and place them in a small bowl. Using a spoon mash the bananas. Add them to the pudding and whisk until combined. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. To make the parfaits peel the remaining banana and cut into 1 inch slices. Get 4 tall glasses ready.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of pudding into each glass. Add whipped cream and sprinkle with granola. Divide the remaining pudding between the glasses, sprinkle with granola, and spray whipped cream on top. Sprinkle with remaining granola and top with several banana slices.
5. Serve immediately.
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.