With all this cold weather lately I’ve been making soup on a regular basis. While I love hot bowl of soup on a cold day, it often takes a long time to make because it needs to simmer on the stove for several hours so that the flavors really soak into the soup.
This week Sunday Supper is sharing quick and easy dinner ideas using McCormick Skillet Sauces. McCormick has 7 delicious flavors of their skillet sauces. My three favorites are the Fire Roasted Garlic Chili, the Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken with Bacon, and Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry.
I decided to combine my craving for chili with the easy of the Fire Roasted Garlic Chili skillet sauce. The beauty of this sauce is that the flavors are already soaked into the sauce so there is no reason for the chili to simmer on the stove for hours. I wanted to jazz it up a bit so I used ground beef, bacon, and sausage as the meats in the base of the chili.
Since I knew this would be a thick and chunky chili, I also wanted to put it over top of egg noodles. If you haven’t tried chili over egg noodles you are missing out. While chili is hearty enough for a meal alone, putting it over top of egg noodles makes it the perfect meal served along with a green salad.
I loved how easy this meal came together. I simply cooked all of the meats, sauteed a little onion, and added the McCormick Fire Roasted Garlic Chili skillet sauce. I simmered it all together for 10 minutes and I was done! How’s that for an awesome and easy Sunday Supper meal? Plus, this recipe made enough that the next day I was able to take a bowl of the chili to work and my husband used the leftovers for chili dogs! So not only did we enjoy it for Sunday Supper, we also enjoyed it for lunch on Monday.
Looking for more delicious and easy meals? Check out McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest Board.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ¼ lb. sausage, casings removed
- 8 oz. lean ground beef
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 package McCormick's Fire Roasted Garlic Chili Skillet Sauce
- 12 oz. egg noodles
- Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon has browned. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the sausage and ground beef to the skillet with the bacon drippings. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat or until the beef and sausage begin to brown.
- Add in the onion and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and McCormick's Fire Roasted Garlic Chili Skillet Sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Scoop a half cup of egg noodles into a bowl and pour the chili over top. Enjoy!
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement