Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I’ve been working on some dinner and dessert recipes for 2! Most of the time I cook enough for 4 people so we have leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day but when I make a special meal I like to make it just for two. Some of my favorite are filet mignon, baked potatoes, fried chicken, different fruit crisps for 2, and cupcakes.
I don’t really have any cookie recipes for 2 but cookies are probably my favorite dessert. I make them all of the time because they are quick to make and quick to bake. Plus a single, basic dough can make a variety of different cookies.
For Valentine’s Day I wanted to do something a little different. I made Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies for 2! It’s similar to a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe but it’s baked in a ramekin. This recipe makes enough for two.
The cookie is soft and chewy inside but firm on the edges. I served it with a scoop of ice cream and a chocolate drizzle. This made for a rich and delicious dessert. However, I think a caramel drizzle would be tasty too and give the cookie a different flavor. Either way you serve it, this is a great Valentine’s Day dessert recipe.
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. sugar
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ c. flour
- ⅓ c. chocolate chips
- 3 T. walnuts or pecans, chopped
- ½ c. vanilla ice cream
- chocolate or caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8 inch ramekins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well. Add in the vanilla and egg yolk and mix.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, baking soda, and flour. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide the batter between the two ramekins. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges and top are golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes then top with a scoop of ice cream and either chocolate or caramel sauce.
Simple Dinner Ideas for Two
Entrees for Two
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp by Wholistic Woman
- Beef Carpaccio with Truffle Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butter Poached Cod with Lentils by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cacio e Pepe with Parmesan Frico by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Mushroom Stuffed Squash by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cheesy Chicken with Broccoli by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Chicken Pesto Pasta by Brunch-n-Bites
- Filet with Crabéarnaise by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peppered Chicken with Saffron Polenta by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Vegetable Orzo by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Shrimp Biranyi by Our Good Life
- Shrimp Canneloni by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Teriyaki Rice Bowl by Life Tastes Good
Desserts for Two
- Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cookie by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies for 2 by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kahlua Tiramisu for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.