I am loving roasted vegetables as a side dish lately. I don't know what it is about them, they are super simple to make, but I've been loving them. My favorites being roasted broccoli and roasted cauliflower. I've been trying a lot of different seasonings, toppings, and oils to make them take better.
So when I went to make my roasted cauliflower last night instead of going with just olive oil, I wanted to kick it up a notch. I added brown butter. Of course, brown butter makes everything better but it really turned this cauliflower into something special! With a little added lemon juice and Parmesan cheese it was the perfect side dish.
Brown Butter Roasted Cauliflower
Make your cauliflower shine with this tasty brown butter sauce.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and drizzle with the brown butter and add the garlic cloves. Toss to combine.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with lemon juice then sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Source: Taste of Home (February/March 2014)
Leave a Reply