When I was a kid candy corn was always a favorite of mine. I would bit the layers off one at a time. It's not that they taste different because they don't, but I like eating one color at a time. Now that I'm older I still like candy corn though I can't eat nearly as much of it. I can eat about one handful and then I'm done. It's so good but it's so sweet.
I do like making things with candy corn in them. When I was at the store the other day I saw these adorable candy corn shaped marshmallows that taste like candy corn too! I thought they were awesome and had to buy a bag. I figured if nothing else I could put them in hot cocoa and make candy corn cocoa.
Once I got them home all I could think was Krispies treats. I thought if I added in candy corn and used the candy corn marshmallows I could make the ultimate Halloween Krispies treat. So I got to work melting the marshmallows and stirring in the candy corn.
After the Krispies treats had hardened I took a bite. They tasted delicious. They were sweet and tasted of candy corn. While I really liked how they tasted, I thought they were lacking something in looks. So I added some orange, yellow, and white chocolate to the top of the treats. They looked so awesome and are perfect for fall or Halloween.
- 4 T. butter
- 4 c. candy corn marshmallows
- 6 c. rice cereal
- 1 c. candy corn
- yellow, orange, white chocolate
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the candy corn marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the rice cereal and candy corn and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt the yellow, orange, and white chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Pour each into a zip top baggie. Snip the end off of one baggie and drizzle over the Krispies treats. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
- Cut into squares and serve.