When I was a kid candy corn was always a favorite of mine. I would bit the layers off one at a time. It's not that they taste different because they don't, but I like eating one color at a time. Now that I'm older I still like candy corn though I can't eat nearly as much of it. I can eat about one handful and then I'm done. It's so good but it's so sweet.
I do like making things with candy corn in them. When I was at the store the other day I saw these adorable candy corn shaped marshmallows that taste like candy corn too! I thought they were awesome and had to buy a bag. I figured if nothing else I could put them in hot cocoa and make candy corn cocoa.
Once I got them home all I could think was Krispies treats. I thought if I added in candy corn and used the candy corn marshmallows I could make the ultimate Halloween Krispies treat. So I got to work melting the marshmallows and stirring in the candy corn.
After the Krispies treats had hardened I took a bite. They tasted delicious. They were sweet and tasted of candy corn. While I really liked how they tasted, I thought they were lacking something in looks. So I added some orange, yellow, and white chocolate to the top of the treats. They looked so awesome and are perfect for fall or Halloween.
Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treat
Make Rice Krispies treats Halloween style with candy corn marshmallows and candy corn!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 c. candy corn marshmallows
- 6 c. rice cereal
- 1 c. candy corn
- yellow, orange, white chocolate
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the candy corn marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the rice cereal and candy corn and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt the yellow, orange, and white chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Pour each into a zip top baggie. Snip the end off of one baggie and drizzle over the Krispies treats. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
- Cut into squares and serve.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
Leave a Reply