This week Sunday Supper is going Back to School. Since I only have 1 week left until I start back to teaching school this was a very appropriate topic. I wanted to find a recipe that I could make and pack in my lunch during the school year because sandwiches and leftovers get tiring after a while.
I found a section in the cookbook about making wraps. I've always been a huge fan of wraps and think they are a great way to re-purpose leftovers. Last night I made way more chicken then we could ever eat for dinner in order to use the rest in wraps for lunch the next day.
I took Katie Workman's guidelines to heart. Her first instruction is to pick a wrap and I chose a light flatbread wrap. The next instruction is to choose the meat and I of course picked the leftover chicken. The third step is to pick a spread. This was a little harder but after looking through the refrigerator I went with roasted red pepper hummus. The last instruction is to fill the wrap with other items and spices as needed. I had a hard time with this but finally went with sauteed vegetables seasoned with salt, pepper, and oregano. The resulting wrap was delicious and totally something I would want to take to work with me for lunch.
Chicken, Hummus, and Sauteed Vegetable Wraps (Inspired by The Mom's 100 Cookbook by Katie Workman)
1 c. grilled chicken, thinly sliced
4 T. roasted red pepper hummus
1 t. olive oil
¼ c. mushrooms
¼ c. red bell pepper, chopped
¼ c. green bell pepper, chopped
¼ c. red onion, chopped
1 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1 t. oregano
½ c. lettuce, shredded
2 flatbread wraps
1. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, peppers, onion, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until they are just softened. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano then stir. Remove from heat.
2. To assemble the wraps spread 2 tablespoons of hummus on each wrap, leaving 1 inch on each end without hummus. Divide the sliced chicken between the wraps placing on top of the hummus.
3. Sprinkle the sauteed vegetables on top of the chicken and then top with lettuce.
4. Fold one side of the wrap on top of the filling and then roll until the wrap is complete. Slice in half and enjoy!
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- BBQ & Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas by Big Bears Wife
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
Ilan @ IronWhisk.com
Oh yum! Those wraps look amazing. I'm going to make them for dinner, thanks!
What amazing wraps!!! I need to add some roasted bell peppers to my usual hummus recipe and make these soon! Happy #SundaySupper~
I love the idea of sauteing everything first!!! Red Pepper hummus sounds like a delish idea too! Thanks for sharing!!
Oh my! The red pepper hummus is the best! Amazing combination! Happy #SundaySupper!
I looooove roasted veggies and hummus! I'm drooling here!
Mmm these look delicious. I think I will give them a try without the chicken for vegetarian wraps.
Those veggies are the perfect addition to wraps. I can't wait to try your version of these wraps.