As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
One of the things I love about summer is cooking with fresh herbs from my garden and fresh vegetables from the farmers market. I also like to make quick and tasty meals because it’s way too hot outside to be spending hours in the kitchen working on dinner. So many times in the summer I like to make pasta with a light sauce because I don’t have to turn on the oven and it’s always fast.
This pasta has tender asparagus, juicy cherry tomatoes, lots of fresh herbs, and a little lemon juice to brighten up the dish. The vegetables all add a lot of flavor and some beautiful color to the pasta. I also tossed in some caned artichokes because that’s not something I can get fresh at the farmers market.
To finish the pasta off, I added feta cheese and a little pasta water so that the pasta and vegetables are coated. The cheese gets creamy and delicious while the lemon is tart and bright. The vegetables are tender crisp and the entire dish is topped off with Parmesan cheese. It’s a great summer weekday supper.
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 c. bow tie pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 c. feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the asparagus and drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Cook the bow tie pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Return pasta to hot pan.
- In a large skillet, heat half the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the artichokes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus, feta cheese, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, and the remaining oil. Toss to combine. Add enough pasta water to coat the pasta.
- Heat this mixture until hot. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from Taste of Home