As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
There’s no need to own an ice cream maker to make this sweet and chocolatey No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream for dessert!
I don’t know about you but once the weather heats up all I really want is ice cream. While my son loves to go and get ice cream he doesn’t actually eat it so it’s not nearly as fun to go and get it.
Occasionally I’ll buy ice cream at the store but the reasonably priced ice creams aren’t very good. The ones I like are expensive for a little pint which is basically one serving for me and one serving for my husband.
I much prefer to make my own ice cream at home. I don’t have an ice cream maker so for the most part I use the No Churn ice cream method. It’s really easy to make and you can add in just about anything to make it your own.
This No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream has a vanilla ice cream based mixed with cherries and chocolate chips. While you could have a chocolate base I feel like that’s just way too much chocolate for this recipe.
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- cherry pie filling
- chocolate chips
To make the ice cream place the heavy cream in a chilled bowl. Beat with a mixer on high speed until the cream firms up to the consistency of whipped cream.
Add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until well combined.
Place the mixture into a container for freezing. Add in the cherries and chocolate chips and gently fold to combine. While you can just mix them well I like gently combining so there is a swirl of cherry flavor in the vanilla base.
Freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer and enjoy.
I really like the flavor of this ice cream. The vanilla base is really sweet while the semi-sweet chocolate chips add a depth of flavor to the mix. The cherries add a nice sweet and tartness to the ice cream.
This ice cream is great served in a dish topped with chocolate syrup. It’s also really good in a sugar or waffle cone with sprinkles on top.
What type of pie filling should I get?
I like the dark sweet cherries for this ice cream recipe but you can get the regular cherry pie filling. I find the dark cherries are bigger and have a better color to them.
Can I use fresh cherries?
Sure you can! Pit the cherries and slice in half before adding them to the ice cream base. I’d also recommend cooking a few fresh cherries down to a syrup and adding that to the ice cream as well.
Can I use chocolate sauce instead of chocolate chips?
Yes! Simply drizzle the chocolate sauce into the vanilla ice cream base and swirl.
Can I make the ice cream base chocolate?
It’s up to you but you certainly can. Make it according to the recipe but stir in 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to make the base chocolate.
What container should I freeze it in?
I like to either use a loaf pan or a glass container with a lid.
You know another great way to use this ice cream? It makes an amazing ice cream float in a glass of root beer! I love the cherry and root beer combination along with the chocolate chips.
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream
- No Churn Coffee Crunch Ice Cream
- No Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- No Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
If you’ve tried my No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 c. cherry pie filling
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Place the heavy cream in a large bowl that has been chilled.
- Using a mixer, beat on medium speed until it begins to thicken then turn it on high speed until it begins to thicken and become the consistency of whipped cream.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a container to freeze.
- Add the cherries and chocolate chips and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
A Hezzi-D original recipe
You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream! Yes! What else can help us chill off the summer. We are celebrating National Ice Cream Day in our #FestiveFoodies hosted by Radha from Magical Ingredients Join us for celebrating #NationalIcecreamDay with wonderful flavors of ice cream perfect for the summer.
- Thai Tea Icecream by Magical Ingredients
- Garlic Ice Cream by That Recipe
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream by Fresh April Flours
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by SueBee Homemaker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream by House of Nash Eats
- No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Corn Ice Cream with Caramel by Lemon Blossoms
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Fresh Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buttermilk Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- Homemade Lemon Ice Cream by The Fresh Cooky
- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- No Churn Blueberry Ice Cream by Life Love and Good Food