There's no ice cream maker required for this rich and creamy No Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream studded with toffee and pretzel pieces.
This year summer came in with a blaze of glory. One minute it was cold and rainy and the next it was scorching hot and humid out! It was like someone flipped a switch and we went from having the heat on in May with jeans and long sleeved shirts to all the fans on in the house and sleeveless dresses in June.
Since we don't have air conditioning I'm always looking for things to make that will help cool us off. Ice cream and ice pops are high on that list. The one problem I have is that I don't have an ice cream machine. I used to think that was a huge problem but that was before I learned about no churn ice.
No churn ice cream is great for people that don't have the room or the need for an ice cream maker. While I like ice cream, I only like it when it's really hot out so purchasing one seemed stupid. With no churn ice cream you simply mix together heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and whatever add ins you want.
This ice cream is so easy to make that I try to have the sweetened condensed milk and the heavy cream at my house all summer long so I can make it any time the temperature starts rising. I already have a few of these recipes on my blog including No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream, No Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream, and No Churn Blueberry Graham Cracker Ice Cream.
It's such a basic recipe and almost anything can be mixed into the base from fruits to candy chips to sauces. You can make this ice cream into any flavor you want. But you might want to try this No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream First.
I used jarred caramel sauce sprinkled with sea salt to fold into my ice cream base but you could make your own. A good quality sauce is important here. Then I used Heath Toffee Chips and broke pretzel twists into small pieces.
After mixing all the ingredients together the ice cream goes into a loaf pan and then into the freezer for 4-6 hours. The longer it goes in the freezer then better the texture.
This ice cream is smooth, rich, and creamy. You can tasty the notes of caramel along with the crunchy toffee pieces and salty pretzels. We enjoyed the ice cream alone and with caramel drizzled on top. It was spectacular!
Try these other great No Churn Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream
- No Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
- No Churn Blueberry Graham Cracker Ice Cream
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ c. caramel sauce
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. toffee pieces
- ⅓ c. pretzels, chopped
- Place the heavy cream in a chilled mixing bowl. Beat using a mixer on medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir gently to combine.
- Add the caramel sauce, salt, and vanilla and mix gently.
- Fold in the toffee and pretzel pieces.
- Pour into a loaf pan and sprinkle with additional toffee pieces and pretzel pieces if desired.
- Put a piece of plastic wrap on top and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Recipes from Two Peas and Their Pod
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- Cookies and Lemon No Churn Ice Cream by Making Miracles
- No Churn Fresh Peach Frozen Yogurt by That Recipe
- No Churn Keto Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- No Churn Roasted Peach and Goat Cheese Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel ice Cream by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks