As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
“Back in print, this bestselling book on chicken illustrates just how versatile chicken can be. “
In today’s busy households, chicken has become a standard meal for people who want good and healthy food in a hurry. With “125 Best Chicken Recipes,” there are dozens of different ways to prepare delicious and inspired chicken dishes — all in record time.
Whether using a skillet, frying pan, oven or grill, most of these recipes can be prepared in 20 to 30 minutes. With just a few ingredients, chicken happily takes up flavors from all parts of the globe, whether it’s Coq au Vin from Europe or the savory curry flavors of Easy Tandoori from India.
Woks, Wings and Wraps Burmese Chicken Thighs, Tex-Mex Wings, Roasted Chicken Fajitas
Substantial Soups Chicken Cheese Chowder, Hot and Sour Soup
Satisfying Salads Curried Chicken and Pasta Salad, Thai Chicken Noodle Salad, Chicken Caesar
Oven Roasting and Broiling Orange-Rosemary Glazed Chicken Breasts
Sautees and Skillet Suppers Quick Coq au Vin, Braised Chicken with New Potatoes and Peas
Pasta and Rice Mediterranean Pasta, Penne with Herbed Chicken Sauce
Great Grills Gremolata Grilled Chicken, Chicken and Summer Fruit Kabobs.
This book features a complete menu as well as helpful make-ahead tips and shopping suggestions for each recipe. Also included are 50 easy recipes for appetizers, salads, side dishes and desserts. (-synopsis of 125 Best Chicken Recipes by Rose Murray)
It’s no lie that chicken is my favorite meat so when this cookbook showed up in my mailbox I was super psyched. I opened it up and started browsing through it. There were so many delicious recipes that I wanted to try. What was missing from this cookbook were the pictures. There are only a few and I really wish they had more in the book. When I cook I like to see photos.
The book has a basic introduction as well as pantry staples for cooking with chicken. I found the pantry staples to be helpful. Then came the different chicken categories like wings, wraps, soups, salads, roasts, skillet suppers, grills, and pasta and rice. I found a lot of recipes that I wanted to make, especially since we have chicken weekly.
A few of the recipes I really want to try are the Tex-Mex Wings, Hot and Sour Soup, Mustard Grilled Chicken Salad, Greek Style Baked Chicken, and Quick Chicken Chili. But the recipe I decided to try first was the Roasted Chicken Fajitas. We usually have Mexican once a week and this looked like an easy recipe.
This recipe simply has chicken, onions, and peppers cut up and placed in the oven. It took me about 5 minutes to prep and then I was able to do other things while it cooked. It was a great weekday meal.
I give this book 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
The Roasted Chicken Fajitas are not only easy to make but they are super flavorful too. Plus, you can add just about any toppings you would like. We had our fajitas with salsa, sour cream, avocado, and cheese. You can even make them your own by putting on your favorite Mexican seasonings. Any way you make these, they are a super simple way to make fajitas and one that I’ll be making again. My husband even said he’d like to eat them again so I consider this a winner.
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 2 large onions, in wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into wide strips
- salt and peppers
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- 2 avocados, peeled and slice
- tomato salsa
- sour cream
- Cut chicken crosswise into 5 or 6 strips. Toss with half the oil; add lime juice, chili powder and cumin; set aside.
- Combine onions and peppers in prepared roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add chicken mixture; stir to combine and spread out in the pan. Roast in preheated oven, stirring once or twice, for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas tightly in foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes to heat.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a heated platter and serve with tortillas, lettuce, avocados, salsa, and sour cream. Have each diner spoon some chicken mixture into a tortilla, top with lettuce, avocado, salsa, and sour cream to taste; roll up to eat.
Recipe from 125 Best Chicken Recipe by Rose Murray. Published February 1st 2014 by Robert Rose.