As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
For years I’ve been looking for a good Thai place. There isn’t one in our town and driving to Pittsburgh every weekend for Thai food isn’t an option. Finally, after searching for many years, my husband and I discovered this little Thai place in a college town about an hour away. We end up driving there several times a month anyhow so getting to eat Thai is just a bonus.
They have delicious dishes and it’s all reasonably priced. My favorite is the pineapple fried rice with tofu. It comes with pineapple, peppers, baby corn, carrots, and fried tofu. I get it medium spicy and it rocks. My husband likes the dish that tastes like sweet and sour tofu. Both are good and we usually get one of each and then share. Sometimes we get the crab rangoons too. They are served hot with dipping sauce and are awesome!
Last week we found out they are closing down only to re-open as a fast food type Thai place. I can’t imagine it’s going to be any good. So needless to say my husband and I were both sad and luckily got to have our favorite dishes one last time before they closed. Now I have to make my own Thai at home.
This Thai Chicken over rice is an easy and tasty Thai at home. The sauce is so simple I wouldn’t think it would be anything special but it makes the entire dish. It’s just a little bit sweet from the brown sugar, a little bit spicy from the Sriracha, and a whole lot of delicious from the spices.
I tossed the sauce with stir fried chicken, broccoli, and peppers for a Thai dinner at home. I also served it with jasmine rice which I think is the best rice for Thai food. Now if I could just learn how to make those crab rangoons, we’d be in business!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 Tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 c. jasmine rice, cooked
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and garlic cloves. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha, and ginger. Pour over top of the chicken and vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the green onions over top and serve with 1/2 cup of jasmine rice.
Recipe adapted from Momma's Meals