Triple Chocolate Cranberry Brownies use two types of chocolate in the brownie for a fudgy brownie speckled with tart dried cranberries and topped off with a rich, chocolate ganache and chocolate covered cranberries.
I've been craving brownies for the last few weeks but have yet to make them. I just haven't had the time and I didn't want to make a regular old brownie.
So when I was shopping last week and saw cranberries dipped in dark chocolate I bought them. I didn't really know what I was going to do with them but when I got home I decided to make brownies inspired by them.
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- bittersweet chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
- milk chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate covered cranberries
1. To make the brownies preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You can either spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray or line it with foil. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter and put it in a large bowl with the sugar. Mix until it's well combined.
3. Next you'll add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. Then you add the cocoa powder and mix. It will take a while to combine the cocoa powder into the mixture but don't rush it as it's important it's totally combined before moving on.
5. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the bowl with the butter and sugar and mix until combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries then spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out fairly clean. There will be a tiny bit of chocolate on it from the melted chips but mostly the toothpick should be clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
These treats start with a basic homemade brownie batter made with cocoa powder, which is my first chocolate. Next I added in some bittersweet chocolate chips. I went with the bittersweet because it's not quite as sweet and these brownies are already incredibly rich. These simply add a melted chocolate goodness to the brownies.
Then I grabbed some dried cranberries and tossed them in. They added in a tart cranberry taste. These brownies are out of this world. They practically melt in your mouth.
I only have one type of chocolate chips. Can I use them in both the batter and for the ganache?
Absolutely! Your brownies will be double chocolate instead of triple chocolate but they will be just as good. You can also substitute dark chocolate chips in the batter or semi-sweet chocolate chips in the ganache. Just don't substitute white chocolate chips anywhere as they have a different consistency.
I can't find chocolate covered cranberries. What else can I use on top?
I have used chocolate covered cranberries but I've also used chocolate covered raspberries in this recipe. You could also do chocolate covered strawberries. In a pinch you could even use chocolate covered raisins.
I don't like cranberries. Can I make this without them?
You can! While I think the cranberries add a nice texture and tartness, you can just eliminate them. If you want something to substitute in you can use pecans or almonds if you like nuts or add in another type of chocolate chips.
I have a favorite brownie recipe. Could I use that and just add in the extras?
Yes! Use your favorite brownie recipe then add in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Then top it all off with my easy milk chocolate ganache.
As if that wasn't enough I had to go a step farther and add chocolate ganache. What's a great brownie without ganache? I made my quick and easy ganache and spread it on top of these brownies.
Then I finished each individual brownie off with a single dark chocolate covered cranberry. These were pure bliss. I ate way more of these then I care to admit but they were that good.
I shared them with my sister-in-law, husband, mom, and dad and everyone agreed. It was like eating fudge with chewy cranberries in it.
More Cranberry Recipes:
- Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Drink
- Cranberry Pecan Bundt Cake
- Baked Brie, Bacon, and Cranberry Pull Apart Bread
If you’ve tried my Triple Chocolate Cranberry Brownies or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
For the Brownies:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ c. cocoa powder
- ½ c. flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. dried cranberries
For the ganache:
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. sweetened condensed milk
- 16 chocolate covered cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and pour it into a large bowl. Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate covered cranberries.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl heat the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until it is melted completely.
- Quickly stir in the condensed milk and spread over top of the brownies before it hardens.
- Place the 16 chocolate covered cranberries on top in 4 rows and 4 columns (where you will cut the brownies).
- Once the ganache has hardened cut the brownies into 16 pieces and enjoy.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
Welcome to Cranberry Week!
This week we are celebrating all things cranberry! We have delicious recipes from across the country to celebrate all things cranberry!
#CranberryWeek is an annual blogging event that is hosted by Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Pecan Paneer Cheese Ballfrom Magical Ingredients
- Nantucket Cranberry Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Cranberry Relish from Devour Dinner
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios, Cranberries, & Parmesan from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cranberry Orange Scones from Jen Around the World
- Cranberry and Brie Wontons from The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Chicken Salad from Art of Natural Living
- Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa from Family Around the Table
- Cranberry Salsa from Kate's Recipe Box