Lunchtime looks better with this tasty and filling turkey wrap filled with hummus, lettuce, avocado, provolone cheese, and Italian dressing.
I hate packing my lunch for work. That is one of those things that I don't like to think about. It's just a pain to pack something that is filling enough to get me through the day but that I can eat fast enough during my lunch.
I know that in a lot of jobs people get an hour for lunch but that's not the case in teaching. I get 30 minutes for lunch and I'd say at least once or twice a week I'm eating with students so that time becomes even less. It's fine but it means I rush around a lot.
Some of my favorite things to eat for lunch at school are sandwiches, leftovers, and frozen meals. They are all easy to pack and easy to heat up. Every now and then I like to mix it up with an entree salad or a wrap.
This Turkey Hummus Wrap is one of my favorites because I almost always have the ingredients I need to make it at home. I take a wrap and spread hummus on it. Then I layer it with shaved turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce, and avocado.
You can put the Italian dressing on it if you are making it at home but since I take it to work with me I generally take a little cup of dressing on the side and dip my wrap into it. If you don't have Italian dressing Caesar is really great with this wrap as well.
Wraps are great because you can customize them based on who is eating them. So if one kid doesn't like lettuce put on tomatoes instead. Someone likes ham better then turkey? No problem! You can make all sorts of tasty combinations!
Pro Tips & Substitutions:
- For a vegetarian wrap leave out the turkey and increase the hummus. You can also add onions, tomatoes, or peppers.
- I find that cutting it in half on a diagonal then folding it apart and putting it right into a sandwich baggie helps keep it together in a lunch box.
- Squeeze a few drops of lime juice on the avocado if taking it to school or work so it doesn't turn brown.
- 2 flour wraps
- 3 Tablespoons hummus
- ½ lb. turkey lunch meat
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- ½ c. lettuce
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Italian or Caesar dressing
- Lay the wraps on a cutting board.
- Spread each one with half of the hummus.
- Add turkey to one side of each of the wraps then add 2 slices of cheese to the same side.
- Place lettuce and avocados on top of the turkey and cheese.
- Roll up the wrap starting with the size that has all the toppings on it.
- Dip in Italian or Caesar dressing.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe