As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Cool off this summer with a refreshing cocktail that includes fresh watermelon and mint!
Are you tired of hearing me talking about how hot it is yet? I swear this is the hottest summer I can remember. We’ve been pretty much drinking iced tea by the gallon but sometimes I want a cocktail in the evenings.
At this point a lot of cocktails are too warm for me. I don’t want something that’s going to make my insides warm up. I want a cool and refreshing drink to enjoy on the porch while the sun is setting.
I saw this Watermelon Cosmo Punch in one of my magazines and immediately tore it out. There isn’t much that’s more refreshing then watermelon on a hot day so watermelon in a cocktail? I was excited to give it a try.
I didn’t have any simple syrup made so I had to make that before getting to the cocktail. To make simple syrup you simply combine equal parts of water and sugar and bring it to a boil until the sugar dissolves. That’s it!
After making the syrup I pureed the watermelon in a blender then mixed it with fresh lime juice, the simple syrup, and vodka. I poured my mixture into a glass filled with ice and topped it with fresh mint.
This cocktail is so refreshing! It’s sweet and tart and quenched my thirst. They can be dangerous though as it’s hard to tell there’s any alcohol in them. These are the perfect summer sipper for a hot day.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- Don’t want to add alcohol? Replace the vodka with lemon lime soda.
- Want an even cooler drink? Blend all of the ingredients with ice to make it a slushee.
- Don’t have fresh lime juice on hand? You can use lemon juice but lime really pairs better with the watermelon.
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 6 c. seedless watermelon
- 3 c. vodka
- 1 c. lime juice
- fresh mint
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cool completely.
- Place the watermelon in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large pitcher combine the watermelon, cooled simple syrup, lime juice, and vodka. Mix well.
- Serve in glasses filled with ice and garnish with mint.
Recipe from Food Network Magazine (Geoffrey Zakarian)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
More Watermelon Recipes:
Best Punch/Rum Punch Recipes
- Apple Cider Punch by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Mulled White Wine by Palatable Pastime
- Sparkling Apple Ginger Punch by That Recipe
- Watermelon Cosmo Punch by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks