Did you know you can make donuts in your air fryer in just minutes? Grab a can of refrigerated biscuits and make these tasty donuts with cinnamon sugar topping or a chocolate glaze!
Let's get this out here. I am not a huge fan of donuts. I know that might be hard to hear but it's the truth.
In all honesty my favorite donuts are usually the baked donuts that I make myself. The only other donuts that I really like are Voodoo Donuts. While I can eat a donut, I don't dislike them, they aren't something that I would choose to eat.
On the other side of the coin is my husband who really enjoys donuts. Since he does like them I do make them on occasion. It's not bad to make a baked donut because they don't make much of a mess and they taste pretty good.
One thing I haven't had was an Air Fryer donut and when I saw a recipe for them using refrigerator biscuits I was in! I happen to have two tubes of biscuits in the refrigerator that I was going to use for a recipe but ended up not using.
- refrigerated biscuits (I prefer the buttermilk biscuits instead of the flaky biscuits)
- butter (I like using salted butter but you can use unsalted)
- granulated sugar
- chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- corn syrup (I prefer light corn syrup in this recipe)
- sprinkles (optional)
This recipe for Air Fryer Donuts is so easy to make. You simply take a tube of biscuits and separate them out. Then use a small cookie cutter to cut out the center of each one.
After they have a donut shape they go into the air fryer and bake for 5-8 minutes. Then you can put the topping or glaze on them.
What type of biscuits should I use?
I prefer to use the buttermilk biscuits because I think they mimic a donut better. You can use flaky biscuits but then you have more of a biscuit look to them.
Can I make a different glaze?
You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate to make the glaze mentioned in the recipe. Sprinkles are optional but they give the donuts a nice flair. You can also make a powdered sugar glaze with powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk and use that to glaze the donuts.
How do you store the donuts?
These donuts don't keep well. If you are making them in advance do not glaze them or put the cinnamon and sugar mixture on until ready to eat. Place the cooked donuts in an air tight container for up to 24 hours. It's really just as easy to make the donuts whenever you are ready to eat them.
Can I air fry the donut holes?
Yes! Simply place them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until they are cooked through.
Don't skip the topping or glaze as that is what really gives them more of a donut feel. They do look like donuts because of the hole in the middle but they won't taste like a donut until you sweeten them up.
I took a bite before I put anything on top and it just tasted like a biscuit. Then I dipped half in the butter and put them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. These ones tasted decent but not exactly donut like.
More Donut Recipes:
- Baked Vanilla Donuts
- Baked Lemon Sunrise Donuts
- Galaxy Donuts
- Apple Cider Donuts with Pecan Sugar Topping
- Baked Lemon Blueberry Donuts
The other half of the donuts I dipped in the chocolate glaze and finished them off with colored sprinkles. These had the most donut like taste and look to them. Plus it's just fun to put sprinkles on donuts!
While these aren't the best donuts I've ever tasted they are good if you need a donut and don't want to leave the house. Plus they can be made in under 20 minutes from start to finish.
If you’ve tried my Air Fryer Donuts or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
Easy Air Fryer Donut
Easy to make air fryer donuts have just a handful of ingredients!
- 1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated biscuits
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ c. chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Open the can of biscuits and separate the biscuits. Use a 1 inch cookie cutter and cut out the center of each biscuit.
- Place 4 of the biscuits in the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes per side or until the donuts are golden brown.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave and set aside. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Dip four of the donuts into the butter and then press into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Set on a wire rack to cool.
- In another heat safe bowl combine the chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of butter, and the corn syrup. Heat in 20 second intervals until the mixture has melted.
- Dip the remaining four donuts into the chocolate and put sprinkles on top if desired.
Recipe adapted from Neighbor Food Blog
Leave a Reply