A delicious iced tea latte made with black tea, milk, and homemade brown sugar simple syrup.
I am one of those people that doesn't mind shelling out money for a good drink. While I definitely don't do it every day, once or twice a week I'm guilty of getting a good espresso or tea drink.
Usually when I'm tired I go for a latte or a macchiato. However, when I just want a good drink a tea latte is always one of my favorites.
Since I've made many, many lattes on my own I thought it was time to try a tea drink. Because the weather is getting warmer I wanted to make an iced tea latte and decided to flavor it with brown sugar.
- milk (I prefer using whole milk for lattes)
- black tea (Use your favorite tea, I like Tazo English Breakfast Tea)
- brown sugar
This Iced Brown Sugar Tea Latte is a super easy to make drink. It also looks really neat because it stays layered in the glass until you are ready to drink it.
The brown sugar simple syrup is made with just brown sugar and water. The syrup itself is wonderful in a variety of beverages, not just this tea latte.
What else can I use the brown sugar syrup for?
The brown sugar syrup is delicious in a cup of coffee. It's also tasty in iced tea or hot tea. You can mix it with a bit of heavy cream and make your own brown sugar creamer as well.
Why does this drink stay layered?
The drink stays layered because of the sugar content. When mixing a layered beverage you should always start with the liquid that has the most sugar in it because it is the heaviest and will sink to the bottom. The ice helps to keep the layers separate so make sure you don't skimp on the ice and pour each layer directly onto the ice.
I don't have black tea, what can I use?
You can use any strong, dark tea in this recipe. While it doesn't have to be black tea that is my preferred tea in this latte. Other good options would be Oolong Tea or a Rooibos Tea.
Can I make this a hot tea latte?
You sure can! It won't layer like the iced tea latte will but it will taste just as good! You will need to keep the tea hot and will need to heat the milk before adding. I like to heat milk on the stove top until it just begins to simmer but do not let it boil.
If you want a bit of spice in your latte you can add half a teaspoon of cinnamon or ginger to the brown sugar syrup. It'll add just enough spice that you can taste it in the beverage.
When making the latte fill the glass with ice before pouring the different layers. By pouring the liquid over top of the ice it will help keep the layers separated.
More Latte Recipes:
- Birthday Cake Latte
- Salted Nutella Latte
- Iced Salted Caramel Latte
- Cinnamon Cookie Butter Latte
- Butterfly Pea Flower Iced Tea Latte
When ready to drink simply stir and enjoy! The strong tea combines with the creamy milk and the sweet brown sugar to make a sweet and satisfying beverage that's perfect to enjoy on a hot day.
If you’ve tried my Iced Brown Sugar Tea Latte or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
Iced Brown Sugar Tea Latte
For the Latte:
- 1 c. ice
- ½ c. water
- ⅓ c. milk
- 1 black tea bag
For the Brown Sugar Syrup:
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Boil one cup of water. Steep the black tea in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bag and cool completely.
- To make the brown sugar syrup combine the hot water with the brown sugar and cinnamon if using. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the ice in a short glass. Pour the brown sugar syrup into the glass.
- Slowly pour the milk on top of the ice.
- Slowly pour the cooled black tea on top of the milk.
- Stir before drinking.
Recipe from Oh How Civilized
Welcome to #BrunchWeek! This event has been around for over 7 years. It’s a fun way to share our love for all things brunch related to help celebrate Mother’s Day! We have 11 bloggers sharing over 30 recipes this year!! That’s 30 plus delicious recipes to help celebrate mothers, family, and friends. If you’re putting together a brunch, then you’ll appreciate all the variety this event offers! From cocktails to baked goods and even sandwiches, there’s something for everyone.
Here are today’s #BrunchWeek recipes:
- Chechebsa (Ethiopian Torn Flatbread Breakfast) from Tara's Multicultural Table
- Hummingbird Granola from The Spiffy Cookie
- Iced Brown Sugar Tea Latte from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Kombucha Sangria from Palatable Pastime
- Peaches and Cream Cookies from For the Love of Food
- Sous Vide Yogurt from Art of Natural Living
- Strawberry Lemonade from Magical Ingredients
- Verde Mary from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
The layers are so pretty! I'm always on the lookout for a new iced tea recipe!
The layering looks really nice. I'd love one right now!
Brown sugar in tea is such a rich and delicious flavor. Almost like caramel. So delicious!
I am loving this tea latte! I love the brown sugar flavor and would love to have it often.
You had me at the homemade brown sugar simple syrup! This latte looks amazing and I especially love the layers.