With Thanksgiving coming up our Bread Bakers group decided that this month we were going to make Thanksgiving Dinner Bread. I don't know about anyone else's family, but in my family Thanksgiving means rolls. Speaking of Thanksgiving rolls, we have a funny "tradition" in our house. Every year my mom puts the store bought dinner rolls into the oven when she thinks she's ready to serve dinner. Inevitably about 20 minutes later one of my family members asks what is burning. Mom swears, opens the oven, and finds the rolls with the bottoms burned...EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR. I'm not kidding. My husband even jokes that Thanksgiving dinner isn't ready until the rolls are burned.
Most years for Thanksgiving I make the dessert. While I'll still make dessert this year, I think I'm also going to make these simple no knead dinner rolls. This recipe is for 9 rolls in a cake pan but it's easily doubled into 18 rolls in a 9 x 13 pan. I like to make these rolls because they are so easy. There's no kneading involved. It's simply mixing in the mixer. The dough still has to double in size two times, but it's an easy rise that only takes about an hour for each one.
The rolls themselves end up fluffy in the middle and golden around the outside. They are fabulous with butter and jelly. I like that they are hearty enough to stand up to the Thanksgiving gravy. They are even good for a small turkey sandwich the day after Thanksgiving.
Adapted from Martha Stewart |
Adapted from Martha Stewart |
See the other Thanksgiving Breads:
- Brown Butter Sage Biscuits by Sophia at Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Butterflake Rolls by Anshie at Spice Roots
- Buttermilk Rolls by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cast Iron Parker House Rolls by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cheese & Mustard Pull Apart Bread by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Classic Anise Dinner Rolls by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Crusty French Bread Rolls by Robin at A Shaggy Dough Story
- Gruyère Gougères by Nicole at The 2nd 35 Years
- No Knead Dinner Rolls by Heather at Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Parker House Rolls by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Parmesan Garlic Knots by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Pumpkin and Rosemary Bread by Rocío at kids&chic
- Pumpkin Pani Popo by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Pumpkin, Sage & Cheddar Pull Apart Rolls by Mireille at Chef Mireille's East West Realm
- Overnight Rosemary Rolls by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Soft and Tender Dinner Rolls by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Sourdough Cornbread Rolls with Sage by Karen at Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sweet Potato Rolls by Cindy at Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Tomato Herb Loaves by Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Zopf - Braided Swiss Milk Bread by Carola at En la Cocina de Caro
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.