With just a handful of ingredients you can make a delicious No Bake Kumquat Creamsicle Pie that tastes just like a Creamsicle! This pie is perfect for summer holidays and gatherings.
Over the last few weeks I've really been making a lot of different recipes with kumquats! Who knew that these little gems added the perfect amount sweet and tart flavor to desserts and jams?
What is a kumquat?
Kumquats look like little mini oranges and are part of the citrus family. In Chinese, kumquat means “golden orange.” Kumquats are different from other citrus fruit in that you can eat the entire thing peel and all. The peel of the kumquat is sweet while the inside is tart.
I was looking for different recipes I could make using kumquats and this easy no bake kumquat pie kept popping up. There were many different versions but they all had the same basic base.
I thought this would be the perfect summer pie because it doesn't require any baking. It's also a fairly light dessert and is really refreshing.
- sweetened condensed milk
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- graham cracker crust
To make the pie you can do one of two things. Many of the recipes I read said to cut the kumquats in half and pull out the seeds. I did not do this. I figure it you can eat the entire thing why go through a ton of kumquats and pull them out? So I left them in and it tasted just fine.
Put the halved kumquats in a food processor and process until smooth. Then whisk together the kumquat puree, sweetened condensed milk, frozen whipped topping, and vanilla until smooth.
Pour the kumquat mixture into the graham cracker crust. Chill for 3-4 hours. Before serving top with whipped cream and whole kumquats if desired.
Other Citrus Desserts:
- Blood Orange Chess Pie
- Lemon Cheesecake Pie
- Lemon Basil Cookies
- Vanilla Chai Cupcakes with Orange Frosting
- Lime Cupcakes
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- If you don't have kumquats you can use oranges, blood oranges, or even grapefruit in this recipes. Just make sure to peel them first.
- Feel free to add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to the pie.
- Leave the pie in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Pull it out and cut into slices.
- If using kumquats or other fruit to decorate the top don't put it on the pie until ready to serve.
If you’ve tried my No Bake Kumquat Creamsicle Pie or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 4 c. kumquats, halved
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Place the halved kumquats in a food processor. Process until fairly smooth.
- In a large bowl whisk together the kumquat puree, sweetened condensed milk, and frozen whipped topping.
- Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving decorate with whipped cream and whole kumquats.
Recipe adapted from Grits and Pinecones
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 38gProtein: 6g
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
Appetizers and Drinks
- Cherimoya Margarita by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- BBQ Macaroni Salad by Making Miracles
- Cool Beans Salad by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon by House of Nash Eats
- DIY BBQ Potato Chips by Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe by SueBee Homemaker
- Honeydew Cucumber Salad by Kate's Recipe Box
- Sweet Macaroni Salad by The Spiffy Cookie
- Warm New Potato and Pea Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cuban Marinated Chicken Tacos by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Grilled Citrus-Marinated Pork Chops by Sweet Beginnings
- Grilled Flounder Tacos with Peach Jalapeno Salsa by Our Good Life
- Sausage and Peppers by Devour Dinner
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- The Best Grilled BBQ Pork Ribs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Elvis Presley Cake by Family Around the Table
- Grilled Pineapple with Maple Syrup Glaze by Blogghetti
- No-Bake Kumquat Creamsicle Pie by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks