Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches are made with all the classic breakfast ingredients including eggs, cheese, bacon, or sausage. Make them today then freeze for later!
I don't know about you but once school starts back I have a hard time getting a decent breakfast in the morning. I'm always scrambling to find something that I can eat on the go or that takes just a few minutes to make.
Usually that ends up being a yogurt, a blueberry muffin, or sometimes a bowl of Cheerios. There's nothing wrong with any of these but sometimes I need something a little more filling and hot.
That's where these make ahead breakfast sandwiches come in. I spent a Sunday before the school year started and made a batch of these sandwiches. It took me about 45 minutes but I was able to make a dozen sandwiches.
- salt and pepper
- sausage patties
- cheddar cheese
- English muffins
These sandwiches are easy to make. The longest part of making them was cooking the bacon, sausage, and eggs before putting them all together.
Then I just had to lay out all of my ingredients and assemble them. I chose to put a little bit of butter on my English muffins but you don't have too.
Next you'll put on the egg, then either the sausage or bacon, then finally the cheese. Top with the other half of the muffin and wrap them in plastic wrap. That's it!
How Do I Make the Eggs?
You can make the egg several different ways. Use the eggs, salt, pepper, and milk from the recipe. You can either bake them in a jelly roll pan or in a muffin tin. For the jelly roll pan you will pour it all on the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. For the muffin tins spray the muffin tins, divide the mixture between the cups, and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
How Do I Freeze the Sandwiches?
To freeze the sandwiches allow everything to cool. Wrap the sandwiches in either plastic wrap or parchment paper. Place the sandwiches inside a freeze bag and place in the freezer. They will keep for up to 6 months.
Can I use a Different Type of Cheese?
Yes! Make these your own! Use pepper jack or mozzarella cheese. Only use egg whites instead of whole eggs. Add a few chopped veggies to the eggs if you want. Use this basic recipe but then make it how you want it!
How Do I Reheat the Sandwiches?
In a Microwave: Thaw overnight in the fridge. Remove from plastic wrap and wrap in a paper towel. Microwave for 45 seconds to defrost. Flip over and microwave for another 15-30 seconds or until the sandwich is cooked through.
In Oven from Frozen: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap and place breakfast sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
In Oven from Thawed: Thaw sandwich in refrigerator over night. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap and place breakfast sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted.
You can easily freeze these for up to 6 months. They make such an easy breakfast in the morning. You'll be able to cook them from frozen or thaw them out in the refrigerator the night before and heat them up in just minutes!
You can also keep them in the refrigerator for several days so if you make a batch on Sunday and want to eat several during the week put them in the refrigerator and then freeze the rest of them.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Steak and Eggs Breakfast Hash
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Crescent Wraps
- Breakfast Pizza
- Savory Breakfast Crepes
We really enjoyed having these sandwiches on hand. It was nice to be able to have something easy to make in the mornings.
The only thing I don't love is that if you don't thaw them the night before they take a while to cook in the morning. That's fine if I think about it when I wake up but if I don't then there's often not time to make one before I run out the door.
These breakfast muffins are really tasty. They are better and more filling then the ones I get at fast food restaurants. Plus I know what they are made with so I know they are better for me as well.
So if you need a hearty breakfast that you don't have to spend a lot of time on these are a great choice. You can also customize them to whoever you are making them for.
If you’ve tried my Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches are made with all the classic breakfast ingredients including eggs, cheese, bacon, or sausage.
- 12 eggs
- ¼ c. milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 package bacon
- 6 sausage patties
- 12 slices of cheddar cheese
- 12 English muffins
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture onto a jelly roll pan and bake for 23-25 minutes or divide between 12 muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Add bacon to a baking sheet and bake for 12-15
minutes or until browned. When finished transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate to drain the grease.
- While bacon and eggs are cooking add the sausage patties to a skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked.
- Separate each English muffin in half and place on a cutting board or baking sheet. Spread butter on one side of each muffin.
- Place the egg on top of the buttered side of the muffin.
- Top six of the muffins with sausage patties and the other six with three half pieces of bacon. Place a slice of cheese on top of each one and then cover with the other half of the muffin.
- Wrap each sandwich in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Label with muffin flavor. Add the sandwiches to a freezer bag and remove as much air as
possible and seal tightly.
Recipe from Andi Anne
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese from Art of Natural Living
- Chick-fil-a Biscuit Sandwich from That Recipe
- Easy Freezer Breakfast Burritos from Jen Around the World
- Easy Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Grilled Apple Butter Breakfast Sandwich from Palatable Pastime
- Make-Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Simple Breakfast Sliders from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
I need to make these to take to work! I totally forgot to make something this week and had to wing it every morning.
I could totally use freezer breakfast sandwiches in my life--and my husband would be in heaven!
Karen's Kitchen Stories
Great minds! I love breakfast sandwiches!