Alright people I've been in a cherry mood lately and that means cherries in everything! You know that they are my favorite fruit and when they were in season I bought a bunch of them, chopped them up, and froze them so I can enjoy them all year long.
So far I've baked the cherries in bread, made a cake, baked up some desserts, and now I'm working on cocktails. I've made cherry mojitos before and the sweetness of the cherries really works with the tartness of the lime juice.
This weekend I made a Cherry Berry Mojito. What's the difference? In addition to the traditional mint and lime juice I added in cherries and blueberries as well as raspberry vodka. I absolutely loved the flavor of these mojitos. They tasted so fresh from all of the berries but still have a bit of tartness thanks to the fresh lime juice.
I made a single glass of these for myself but you could easily whip up a pitcher for a party which is my plan for next weekend. So what are you waiting for? Grab a handful of cherries, a lime, and a bunch of mint and make yourself a cocktail!
- 1 ½ oz. Raspberry Vodka
- ¼ c. cherries, pitted and halved
- 8 mint leaves
- 3 Tablespoons blueberries
- 1 ½ oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- Sparkling Water
- In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka, cherries, mint, and blueberries. Muddle them together in the shaker until the juice has been released from the cherries and blueberries.
- Add the simple syrup and lime juice to the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice. Scoop out a small amount of the berries left in the shaker and place them in the glass.
- Fill the glass to the top with sparkling water. Stir and serve.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Check out these other tasty treats too!
- Salted Caramel Affogato Parfaits by The Redhead Baker
- Triple C Coffee Cake by Desserts Required
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Barbecue Turkey Meatballs by All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- My Favorite Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Best Way to Juice a Pomegranate by Hand by Mother Would Know
- Cherry Berry Mojito by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pecan Tassies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake