As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
School has been back in session for about a month and I’m finally back into the groove of cooking meals after a long day at work. While I love making homemade meals I don’t mind finding quality products that can help make it easier for me to put a great meal on the table.
McCormick® ONE Recipe Mixes are single use seasonings that can help me to prepare dinner in one pan which makes for easy prep and easy clean up! I was excited to find that my local Martin’s had several different packets of these seasoning mixes.
They were on sale this week too so I picked up four different flavors figuring they would be great for when I needed to make a quick and easy weeknight meal without any artificial flavors or MSG.
I grabbed several of the seasoning packets from the market. As soon as I got home from the market I started planning for which one I could use for dinner this week. The Chicken Parmesan Sheet Pan won because I’m a sucker for anything with chicken and cheese!
Instead of just making the typical Chicken Parmesan I wanted to do a little twist on the classic recipe to include some major vegetables in this dish. I made Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini which took me 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes in the oven.
Since the hands on time was only about 20 minutes that made this a winning dish. I don’t know about you but I really like making sheet pan suppers. I simply line a sheet pan with foil, put the meat and veggies on top, and bake.
When it’s finished baking I can just take the foil off the sheet pan and give it a quick wash and I’m finished. In this case I grabbed the chicken, rubbed it lightly with oil, and coated it with the Chicken Parmesan Seasoning. It smelled really tasty and I was looking forward to trying it.
Then I hollowed out the zucchini. I’ve found the easiest way to do this is to cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Then I take a paring knife and cut a rectangle in the zucchini leaving about 1/4 inch around the edges.
Using a teaspoon I scoop out the middle of the zucchini leaving a “boat” to fill with the chicken parmesan mixture. I put the zucchini boats on the sheet pan along with the chicken and drizzled them with oil then put the pan in the oven.
Fifteen minutes later I pulled the chicken out of the oven and cut it into one inch pieces. I put the chicken in the zucchini boats, poured marinara sauce over top, then sprinkled them with mozzarella cheese.
They went back into the oven for just a few minutes and then dinner was ready! I served mine with a side of garlic bread because it was easy to cook along side the Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
More Sheet Pan Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken and Potatoes
- Kielbasa and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner
The resulting dish was flavorful and delicious! The zucchini was tender but firm so it held up to the hearty filling. We enjoyed the flavors of basil, oregano, and parmesan in the chicken and was perfectly seasoned.
The sauce added a hearty feeling to the dish and the gooey cheese made the meal complete. We really enjoyed this meal and it would be great to make for company because it’s easy to make, has little clean up, and it looks like it took a lot of time and effort to make it. I’ll be putting this one on my weeknight meal rotation list for sure!
If you’ve tried my Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 1 package McCormick® ONE Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan Mix
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts (about 4 oz. each)
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 3 large zucchini
- 3/4 c. marinara sauce
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Empty seasoning mix into a shallow dish. Brush the chicken with half of the olive oil. Coat both sides of the chicken with the seasoning and place on the sheet pan.
- Cut each of the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle leaving 1/4 inch of the zucchini to form a "boat".
- Place the zucchini on the sheet pan and brush with the remaining oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and place the chicken on a cutting board. Cut each breast in half lengthwise and then slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces in the zucchini boats. Top with the marinara sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with garlic bread.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.