As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Easy to make Buffalo Chicken Wraps are made with spicy buffalo chicken, blue cheese crumbles, lettuce, and tomato rolled in a Ranch covered tortilla for a tasty lunch or dinner.
Working in a school means I don’t have a lot of time for lunch. Every day I only have a 30 minute block of time for lunch.
However, that means I have to use the bathroom, heat up my lunch, eat, and get to my next class in a short amount of time. I am also often called to see one of my students during that period of time. So that means I have to find easy and quick lunch ideas to eat during my lunch period.
I don’t think people that work in an office really understand what a short period of time thirty minutes is for a work lunch. That thirty minutes only starts when I have kids back in their classroom or if I’m not needed during my lunch.
- Frozen chicken tenders
- Frank’s Red Hot
- garlic cloves
- Ranch dressing
- romaine lettuce
- red onions
- blue cheese crumbles
To Make the Chicken: Bake the chicken strips according to the package directions. Meanwhile combine the hot sauce, butter, and garlic in a bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Mix well. Todd the chicken and sauce in a large bowl.
To Make the Wraps: Place the wraps on a cutting board. Spread half of each one with Ranch dressing. Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and blue cheese crumbles and place on half of each tortilla. Add two chicken tenders to each and roll.
I’ll be honest, the last few years have been much better for this. I’m rarely called during my lunch time. Years before I’d be called at least once a week and it was such a pain.
So back to lunch ideas. I’d say about twice a week I have leftovers. Leftovers are great because they can be reheated in about two minutes and I don’t have to do anything but pack them up the night before.
I also have a frozen, microwaveable dinner once or twice a week. While these take longer to cook and we have to share the microwaves in the faculty room, they are pretty filling and don’t take long to eat.
This Buffalo Chicken Wrap is great for my lunch. Whenever I take it to work I have the wrap already to go but I leave the chicken out. When it’s time for lunch I heat the chicken for 1 minute then put it in the wrap and I have lunch!
Can I use cooked buffalo chicken from the deli?
Yes! If you have a hot bar at your deli that has boneless buffalo chicken or buffalo chicken strips that are already sauced and cooked grab them up! This makes it even easier to make these wraps.
Can I use a different cheese?
Of course. I actually hate blue cheese so I prefer to have mine with shredded cheddar cheese. My husband likes the blue cheese though and it’s pretty traditional with buffalo chicken so that’s what I left in the recipe.
What other veggies can I add?
You can add anything you want to your wrap. Veggies that go well with buffalo chicken would be chopped celery, diced bell peppers, or even chopped broccoli.
If you are a fan of buffalo chicken you’ll love this wrap. I’m not sure why I haven’t made these before!
I actually made these for dinner one night and then took the leftovers for lunch the next day. It’s best to heat up the chicken so if you are taking them in your lunch keep the chicken separate so you can heat it up.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Loaded Buffalo Chicken and Potato Bake
You can make these with breaded or grilled chicken. I just used frozen, breaded chicken strips. I heated them up and tossed them in buffalo sauce.
Then I put them in the wrap along with lettuce, celery, tomato, blue cheese, and ranch dressing. You can put whatever toppings and vegetables you’d like on the wraps. Plus they were ready in about 20 minutes and tasted great!
If you’ve tried my Buffalo Chicken Wraps or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 1 lb. breaded, frozen chicken
- ½ c. Frank's Red hot
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ c. blue cheese crumbles
- ½ c. Ranch dressing
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake the chicken strips in the oven for 15 minutes or until they reach temperature (170 degrees). Remove from oven.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the Red Hot, butter, and garlic. Cover and microwave for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Mix well.
- Place the chicken tenders in a bowl with a lid. Pour the sauce over top of them. Cover and shake for 30 seconds.
- Place the wraps on the counter. Put 1-2 tablespoons of ranch dressing on each one. Then divide the lettuce, tomato, red onion, and blue cheese crumbles between the wraps.
- Add 2 chicken tenders to each wrap and then roll them up.
- Cut in half and serve with additional ranch dressing.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Kicking it Up with Spicy Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chile Masala Bhath from Magical Ingredients
- Jalapeno Popper Crostini from The Spiffy Cookie
- Nigerian Chicken Pepper Soup from Pandemonium Noshery
- Sausage Stuffed Mini Peppers from Art of Natural Living
- Skillet Taco Pasta from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sliders from Jen Around the World
- Spicy Sage Breakfast Sausage from That Recipe